Monday, June 22, 2009

Total Awesomeness!


Just a few minutes ago Luke did this! He pulled up to the table in order to get his bottle (major reinforcer!). He tried for about 5 minutes, then became frustrated and fell back on his bottom. He then did something great- he tried again. He actually walked on his knees to get back to the table to try again. This time Marty moved his bottle closer so he could get it.
He is a totally different child since being off his seizure meds. He interacts more and cuddles more and makes more noise. It is truly fantastic! To see my son act more like the boy I know him to be has brought me so much joy! Yes, he still has strange behaviors and he still does not communicate with words... but... he is communicating with actions now. He is looking at what he wants and moving towards it. He is noticing the world around him. He now notices the leaves in the trees and his siblings. He is truly an awesome little boy and I look forward to seeing him grow... Then, we will give God the glory! God has been good to us. God has been good to Luke. I guess I am just realizing that now. I have been so confused as to why Luke had to go through this. Now, I truly believe there is a higher purpose. There is a plan. There is NO coincidence.

3 comments:

Sophie said...

Way to go Luke!

Joan said...

Jaime, I just finished reading all of your blogs, and want you and your family to know how encouraging you are to others--those with children who have all kinds of special needs, as well as those who have children who seem perfectly "normal"--whatever that is :) I hope you to continue to see the little miracles that will add to your knowing that Luke's addition to your family really is a blessing for you and so many others!

I pray for Luke, you, and your family! <3 Joan Jackson

Necessary Wonk. said...

what an awesome little boy! Yay Luke!