Sunday, September 27, 2009

Smiles and Acknowledgments

Luke is crawling now!!! He is actually getting on hands and knees and crawling. It is such a huge victory! I want Luke to take his development steps in order, even if he is late in taking them. I want him to crawl before someone tries to get him to walk. I just think that it is important for a baby to go through the steps God intended in development. Crawling helps the baby's brain develop.

I am just so proud of Luke. A lady at my church came up to me and said that the nursery workers at church are just so amazed with the progress he has made since being off the seizure meds. He has actually been making some social progress at the church. Today, he crawled up to a couple of the kids in his class and tried to play with them.

To me, knowing that Luke is moving forward is so comforting. So many of the worries and fears I had seem so petty now. I have started reading some other blogs of people who are going through so much more than I. Reading the blogs has given me a different perspective. I am so grateful for Luke. He is such an amazing little boy and there is no doubt in my mind that there is a reason he was born. I totally understand that life with a child with Cerebral Palsy and a "unknown" syndrome with autistic features is not always going to be easy, but I am just so thankful to have him.

No comments: