Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The First Diagnosis


Today's doctor appointment went well. We finally have a diagnosis-

"A not-yet-identified syndrome with autistic features & Cerebral Palsy"

The diagnosis is pretty vague, but it will give up the ability to sign up for the Med Waiver Program when he turns 3 and we will be able to try to get SSI. That's all I wanted. I want Luke to be able to receive a few specific therapies when he gets a bit older. This diagnosis will help him get these services.

I honestly feel exhausted. I have much more to write, but really little energy to write it with. So, I will save it for another time. Finally- a peace of sorts.

1 comment:

Carnley said...

I know that getting some kind of diagnosis must be a relief! Now he can get the things he needs. By the way, I take Cat to PT at Sacred Heart and I have to say I have been very impressed with their therapists. Cat loves her Miss Nikki!! And I have seen kids younger than him there!