Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pure Happiness

I have gotten to spend most of the evening alone with Luke. It has been refreshing. Our afternoon together started off with a surprise-

I picked up Luke from Mimi and PapPaw. When I walked in the door, Luke was playing in his "gym". His "gym" is his room at Mimi and PapPaw's house. They have all his toys on the floor so he can play with them. I went into the livingroom, which is down the hall and across the kitchen from his gym. I talked to Mom and Dad for a while and then I thought I heard Luke's little voice in the hall. I got up to look... He was crawling towards me! He heard my voice and wanted me. When I picked him up he screamed and smiled. He got so excited.

So, I drove him home and fed him dinner. I have been on the floor with him for a while. I know not to force it with him. He doesn't like to be crowded. I just let him be, and he crawled up to me and snuggled my leg.

I celebrate every little victory. The little things are HUGE to me! Yeah Luke!!!!

1 comment:

ArleneZ said...

I was very moved by your description of Luke crawling to you. I could visualize the two of you going towards each other. A beautiful, blessed moment.