Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lessons on How To Puree Food

We took Luke to the Fall Festival at BRE this past weekend. I do not think that my collegues at school realized how significantly delayed Luke is. After meeting him, they realized that he has many obstacles to overcome (and overcome, he shall!). The principal where I work had a chance to meet Luke. I told her about his weight issue and she suggested that I puree his food. I spent the next 24 hours seriously thinking about it. After talking with my husband and my mother, I made plan to go to Publix (the most heavenly place on earth for grocery shopping). My husband and I made the trip with a list in hand. $140 later, we had fresh fruits and veggies, grains, cereal, a hand blender, little bowls to store food in, and plenty of almond milk. We spent 5 hours on Sunday night cooking and blending the food. Luke now has carrots, carrots with beef, eggs yolks with butter and almond milk, peaches, bananas, apple sauce, and apple pear sauce. All can be mixed with oatmeal, rice cereal, probiotics, vitamins, and folic acid. Keep in mind that we bought everything organic and gluten and dairy free. I am hoping that the change in variety of foods will help him gain weight.

No comments: