Thursday, February 3, 2011

PICA


This is a picture of Luke "stemming" on the wall at his doctor's office. We have a name for the eating behaviors Luke has been engaging in for the past several months- PICA. His obsession with walls and eating paint has become overwhelming. We also found out that he has lost 2.5 pounds. It is really hard to deal with because I don't know what is causing it.

I try and try to provide all the nutrition he needs. He gets his meals, snacks, and extra stuff in each sippy cup, yet he is losing weight. I guess it is easy to feel hopeless about Luke. Everything with him is a struggle. I am so thankful for my mother. She is such a great support. Other than her, I feel like I am going through this alone. I worry and dream and have panic attacks.

It feels like my heart is breaking over and over.

No comments: