Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A First

During our time in Georgia, Luke really began to reach out to me. He smiled when he heard my voice and even made some brief eye contact. A miracle occurred during this time. Well, it is a miracle in my world. I was laying on the floor in my in-law's living room. Luke was several feet away in his own little world. A couple minutes after I laid down on the floor, Luke began scooting towards me. He was looking straight at me and trying his hardest to get to me. Once he arrived by my side, he grabbed my shirt and pulled his face into my chest. He was laughing and trying to pull up on me. He was actually reaching out to me and wanting only me. It was the best single moment I have experienced since Luke's birth. It was in that moment that I knew that Luke knows me and wants me. I cannot explain how wonderful it made me feel. It was truly a miracle- a much needed miracle.

No comments: